Benefits of this service
- Metropolitan wide Community Access Planners connecting people with people as a community
- Personal planning approach
- Help individuals pursue their recreational, vocational interests and passions.
- Extensive networking contacts within the disability and generic sector
- Occupied with staff with years of experience in planning for people with a disability.
- Facilitated by staff with recreation and community development qualifications.
- Expertise in working with people who have Acquired Brain Injury
- Funding is utilised in consultation with the funding body.
Community Access Planners focus on individual lifestyles and assist clients to develop the skills, knowledge and confidence to continue to independently participate in their recreation and leisure interests at home and in the community.
Community Access Planners have specialised skills and knowledge in the following areas:
- Leisure education, counselling and advice
- Assessment of individual leisure needs, goals and abilities
- Leisure planning for individuals and groups
- Supporting and facilitating individual leisure choices
- Reviewing and/or modifying equipment or activities
- Developing leisure resources for clients, families and the wider community
- Facilitating ‘Come ‘n Try’ days to promote leisure and recreation opportunities